Thales Times

Best Super Bowl 52 Commercials

Back to Article
Back to Article

Best Super Bowl 52 Commercials

A banner for the 2018 Super Bowl 52 (Super Bowl LII) on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Tony Webster

Tony Webster

Tony Webster

Elijah Patti, News Writer

There were many Super Bowl commercials in Super Bowl LII. Some of them shined in the prime-time light with at most 122.3 million views, and others were shamed and not so great.Here are some of the most memorable ads in no particular order. There was a commercial from Doritos and Mtn. Dew sponsoring Doritos Blaze and Mtn. Dew Ice. Peter Dinklage rapped for Doritos Blaze and Missy Elliot rapped as a voice over for Morgan Freeman for Mtn. Dew Ice. The ad had a Game of Thrones style. Another ad was for Amazon Echo where Alexa, the smart speaker’s personality, loses her voice and Gordon Ramsay, Cardi B., Rebel Wilson, and Anthony Hopkins step in to be Alexa. E-trade had a commercial where a song plays in the background that says “I’m 85 and I want to go home.” It shows old people doing active jobs when they should be in a retirement home. At the end an old man flies around on a hose because he works for the Fire Department. M&M had a commercial where one of the living M&M’s gets a lucky penny and turns into Danny DeVito. He proceeded to ask people if they wanted to eat him anymore. He triumphantly says that no one wants to eat him, but he dropped the lucky penny and got hit by a truck, followed by a diss from the brown M&M. The last one in this article is Tide’s ad, where several different characters from other ads were given the realizations that they have clean shirts. Their logic follows that all ads with clean shirts are Tide ads. Those are some of the best advertisements from Super Bowl LII.