Haw River Trip

Back to Article
Back to Article

Haw River Trip

Dillon Weidner, Sports Writer

On September 6th, 7th, and 8th, Thales Academy Rolesville 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students traveled to Haw River State Park for an overnight field trip, 3 days and 2 nights. The students arrived on the campus around 10:30, and thus started the adventure of the upperclassmen.

The students interacted with their classmates in fun team-building activities, which not only illustrated strengths and weaknesses in communicating skills, but also helped the students work well under challenging circumstances, which thus let the students understand each other a little more. This is mainly due to the fact that the students were outside a school environment, which let students understand more of a student’s personality rather than the personality in school. This educational field trip provided comfortable beds and filling delicious meals. One of the most notable team-building exercises that students thoroughly enjoyed was the variation of shark and minnows. The twist however was the sharks were foxes and bears and the minnows were rabbits. The rabbits had to run across, collect one egg placed on the other side of the gym, and run back to their side with the egg. The rabbits had to collect 3 eggs to “survive” the round while avoiding being tagged by the foxes and bears.

All in all, the field trip was a successful hit and hopefully the students will return to the Haw River State Park for another exciting adventure!